Strong Is the New Skinny by Jennifer Cohen and Stacey Colino; Foreword by David Kirchhoff, former CEO of Weight Watchers and bestselling author of Weight Loss Boss
How to Eat, Live, and Move to Maximize Your Power
LEANER, STRONGER, FITTER…FASTER
Sick and tired of hearing what’s wrong with you and your body? You’re not alone. It’s time for a new conversation—and a new plan for treating, feeding, and moving your body in ways that build on your strengths inside and out. Strong is sexy. Strong is powerful. Strong is achievable.
With STRONG IS THE NEW SKINNY you can say goodbye to body-bashing and physical faultfinding, and instead learn to embrace, not just how it looks, but what your body can do—from pushups to pull ups and box jumps to rope climbs, nothing is out of your reach. Strong Is the New Skinny offers a reality-based diet, lifestyle, and fitness program (the “SINS” plan, for short) so you can:
• Maximize your potential, as well as your energy, vitality, and power.
• Train your brain—develop resilience and mental fortitude in every area of your life.
• Add muscle, increase speed, and enhance flexibility.
• Strengthen your arms, back, core, and legs—and crank up the challenge when you’re ready for the next level.
• Torch fat with Strong Moves: a series of heart-healthy H.I.I.T. workouts that take as little as 10 minutes.
• Kick-start your Get-Fit, Get-Fierce plan with the Strong Seven—7 days of 7 power foods.
Whether you’re just getting started or training for a challenging physical event, this book gives you all the tools you need to become leaner, fitter, and stronger: nutritionally, physically, psychologically, and emotionally.
GO HARD OR GO HOME…